Advancing Educational Excellence
About the Foundation
The Education Foundation encourages community support in order to provide private funds to Aransas County ISD staff and students for creative, innovative programs that enhance career and academic education and promote staff excellence.
The Aransas County ISD Education Foundation is a nonprofit organization, founded in August 2001 as a 501(c)(3) entity, by an independent group of community, business, and educational leaders committed to the idea of advancing educational excellence in Aransas County.
How Your Dollars Impact Aransas County ISD
Annual Education Excellence Fund Drive donations RECOGNIZE and ADVANCE EXCELLENCE in the schools of Aransas County ISD by:
- Providing grants for creative and innovative education programs which could not otherwise be funded
- Providing scholarships for higher education
- Sponsoring Holiday Symphony by the Sea, a cultural community attraction and showcase for ACISD’s tremendously talented music students
- Sponsoring Flavor of Success, a showcase of The Foundation’s grants in action
- Sponsoring Shining Stars Over Aransas to honor outstanding high school seniors and the teachers who have impacted their lives
- Endowment Fund donations add to the corpus of the endowment, whose earnings support The Foundation’s mission and goals in perpetuity.
Since its inception in 2001, The Education Foundation has provided over $6.5 million in grants, scholarships, and special programs.
With your help, The Foundation is bridging the economic gap, bringing programs into our schools that inspire, challenge and expand the minds of our youth and providing unique opportunities for our students that could not otherwise be funded.
Aransas County ISD is now the most progressive educational leader in the Coastal Bend, a leader other districts seek to emulate.
We are here to help the Aransas County ISD anyway we can, including going out and getting grants.
The quality of education provided to our children directly impacts the quality and growth of our community, our state, and our nation. Our focus, therefore, is to support programs that go beyond what public funds can provide in order to directly enhance students’ knowledge, thinking skills, and career preparation in creative, innovative ways. Your donations help support a variety of programs and classes from English to ROTC to Welding.
What we have achieved
To date, The Education Foundation has distributed 6.5 million dollars combined in teaching and campus grants, special programs grants, scholarships for graduating seniors of Rockport Fulton High School and programs that celebrate and recognize their accomplishments.